Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More May Madness!!

Tate, Bradan, and I went to see the new Narnia movie the night it opened, May 16. The boys thought it was awesome. On Saturday, I took Tate to the urgent care in the morning. He started feeling bad and running a fever after the movie, Friday night. He had strep throat. Fun stuff! He insisted he wanted to go to Jon's work picnic that afternoon. Because it was outside and he wouldn't be around anyone I let him go. It was held at the Pinal County Fairgrounds. There was bounce houses, a huge water slide, lots of games and food it was a good time. Until... Tate barfed everywhere while waiting in line for a crazy balloon hat. Then I picked up Jace because he was screaming, and his shorts were covered in poop. Now the fun was really getting started. Jon and I took turns trying to carry Jace, without getting slimed, while listening to Tate and Bradan gripe because we had to leave. Hello?? I will never understand a kid's rationale. I guess it was my fault for letting him go in the first place.


Sunday we went over to Jim's so that all the men could ordain Jordan an elder and give Jon's dad a blessing, he was having surgery on Monday, to remove a tumor from his kidney. We had a good time visiting with everyone and eating some yummy BBQ chicken and potato salad. We are very proud of Jordan and can't wait to see where he will be serving his mission. Jon's dad's surgery went well. He came home from the hospital on Friday. We are praying for his full and speedy recovery. We feel very lucky to have him in our lives. He is such a loving, kind person. He makes everyone feel special and important.

On Thursday the 22nd Jon and I took all the boys-Nathan, Tate, Bradan, Trevor, and Jordan-to see Indiana Jones. Jon's mom and sister Jenifer watched the babies. I think everyone agreed that the first 3 movies were better than the 4th. After the movie it was pouring down rain and pretty chilly, for Arizona. I thought it was great to actually have some weather. It was a nice blessing before the scorching, summer heat.

No comments: