Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bradan is 8!

I can't believe that Bradan is 8! It seems like yesterday that I was waddling my big, pregnant rear end around the block, praying that "tonight" would be the night. At about 34 weeks my dr. examined me and told me I was dilated to a 3. Holy cow! With Tate I hadn't dilated at all until the day he was born. This kid must be coming any day. I was in the YW presidency at the time and was scheduled to go to girl's camp, at the end of June. It wasn't far from home and I was tough so I decided to go ahead and go. Maybe it would put me into labor. No such luck! I made it the whole week-sleeping on a cot and using an outhouse. I came home and began my nightly walks hoping to encourage the process-with no luck. My due date was July 14th and no baby, July 16th was a full moon-that would be the night-still no baby. Finally on July 17th I went into labor about 11:30pm. We drove to the hospital and by the time we got there I could barely walk. I had not had an epidural with Tate and I had no intention of doing that again, but just my luck I was too close to delivering. No epidural-AGAIN! Needless to say, I was not happy. Bradan was born at 2:50am on Tuesday July 18, 2000. He weighed 8lbs. and 14oz. What a cow! He wanted me to know who was in control and that he would come when he was good and ready. He still likes to torture me on a regular basis, but I love him anyway.

8 GREAT things about Bradan

1. He is very artistic. He loves to draw and write stories he has made up.

2. He is pretty carefree, which I am so jealous of. He didn't inherit my anxiety. His main concern is when he is going to get to eat.

3. He LOVES lasagna! He always tells me that I am a good cook.

4. He does a great job with homework.(most of the time)

5. He loves to build things with Legos.

6. He loves his friends.

7. He is a big sports fan. (Most of the time rooting for the opposite team as Jon)

8. He is a super cool kid and we all love him very much!
My sweet little baby, just a few days old.


Always into some kind of trouble


Bradan decided he was a cowboy at the age of 2.
He loved horses and anything to do with the wild west.
He would watch the old black and white, John Wayne cowboy
movies. And knew all about the old west outlaws.




No comments: