Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas Eve/Jon's Birthday

Every year on Christmas Eve we attend Jon's aunts little Christmas get-together. She reads Twas the Night Before Christmas, while we all pass presents on the word and. Whatever you end up with at the end is yours. This year there was a mix up with the time and we missed it. We were pretty bummed, but we still had a birthday dinner for Jon at his parent's house. We ate cheesy spaghetti casserole, in honor of my family, and had some coconut creme pie. The boys tortured Trevor and vice versa. Addison played with her new best friend, Aunt Jenifer.
Happy Birthday, Stud!



Jace and his best buddy


Then we headed home to hit the hay so Santa could come see us. The boys put out cookies for Santa and oats and carrots for the reindeer. Last year when we got home there was a bag on our door with sparkling cider and goblets so we started a new tradition of making some Christmas toasts. I look like I have had a few too many toasts, but don't worry it was just grape juice.

Then we put the kids to bed and wrapped presents and put together toys until 3:30am, when I went to bed. I think Jon was up until after 4am. *Note to self-I will NEVER again wait until Christmas Eve to wrap every single present!!*

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

I LOVE that picture with Addison! Seriously, it makes me so homesick I can't stand it! I adore all your kids, but I gotta say, Addison has an extra piece of my heart. I have to come down and see her :)

Jenifer said...

By the way Sanja, you may look toasted in that picture, but you also look SKINNY!! So who cares how much you've had to drink....