Monday, November 3, 2008

Blog Lazy

I wish I could report that I have not been blogging because I have been scrubbing and organizing my house, but that would be a big fat lie. My only excuse is laziness. October has been a busy, busy month. I like busy and I am a fan of passing time. It seems that there is always something better in the future...Jon finishing school, Jace outgrowing his "try to kill himself everyday" phase, cooler weather the list goes on and on. I am trying hard to focus on the counsel of Pres. Monson and "find joy in the journey". He was specifically talking to me when he said "piles of laundry", I don't see how I will ever miss that. So what have we been up to-

  • Football practice and games(Tate and Bradan are playing flag football on a league organized by the YMCA in our neighborhood)
  • Scouts-Tate and Nathan started 11 yr. old scouts. They have had 2 meetings and have played football both times. That is totally fine with them. Bradan is working on his Wolf.
  • I have mutual every Wed. and miscellaneous meetings and firesides. Jon does great about watching the kids.
  • Jon has had homework, tests, and clinicals. School takes a lot of time and effort on his part.
  • He has also been busy at work, as the approaching holidays seem to bring out the crazy in us all.
  • Jon helped his brothers Jim and Gary put some kind of shiny coat on his parent's driveway, I can't remember what it is called.
  • Jon and I got to go see a movie together a few weeks ago-Eagle Eye, it was pretty good. We also went to the adult session of stake conference and out to eat. Thanks to his parents! Kid-free nights are priceless!
  • Tate and Bradan went to KY to visit their dad for a few weeks. They always have a great time.
  • Nathan also had fall break at the end of Sept., beginning of Oct. He got to go over and spend the night at his friend Randall's house from our old neighborhood.
  • Because it has cooled off a teeny, tiny bit(it has still been in the 90s during the day) I try to take Addison and Jace on a walk to the park everyday. It helps break up the day and keeps us all sane. They are getting so big. I am going to have to break down and attempt to take the binky away from Addy Boo and teach her to use the potty. My goal is when she turns 3.

So that is the wonderful excitement that is our lives. We did some fun stuff this last week that I will post about later. I almost forgot the most exciting thing. We ran over a frog in our garage, going to a fireside last Sunday. We were unaware until Monday morning when it was still hopping around bleeding and suffering in our garage. I was totally freaked out of my mind and could barely pull the van back in for fear it would get near me. I left the door open all day hoping it would hop home to its family so they could at least get to say good-bye and have some closure. When Jon came home from work he couldn't find it anywhere so hopefully it has been laid to rest somewhere outside of our garage.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Your life sounds like mine...too bad we are not closer to one another we could pass the time together with our millions of kids..ha so awesome your son was baptised, congrad's. see ya at thanksgiving. Get those boys ready for flag football, maybe we need to make Jon a captain???

Jenifer said...

I laughed so hard about the frog...not at the frog, mind you, but at Sanja...poor, bleeding frog. I'm glad that Jon checked things out so you know he at least made it out of the garage.

The boys had a water frog they kept taking out of the water when they were little. I told them it would dry up if it weren't in the water. Sure enough, one day I found a dried frog in the bathroom (probably trying to reach water). So then we carried that dried frog around forever.

Good times...