Friday, April 25, 2008

Last night we were getting ready to have dinner. Bradan was in the bath and forgot to take his towel in the bathroom. So he was yelling at the top of his lungs for someone to bring him a towel. I asked Tate to get his towel for him. By the time he got it to the bathroom, Bradan was upset because it had taken so long and did not except the service he had be given with appreciation. So then Tate got upset and decided he would hold the towel just out of reach and tell Bradan about it. I tried to explain to Tate that sometimes even when you are doing something nice for someone, they might not always appreciate it. But you still have to give your service with a happy heart and Heavenly Father will still bless you. The other person will be responsible for their actions.

Now the good part, so everyone got calmed down and came down for dinner. We were sitting down to eat and Tate said, "thanks for dinner mom, you must have a room full of blessings." I was speechless. Now I could take a huge dose of my own advice. My heart could be happier in the service that I give, but it is nice to know that every now and then my kids actually do appreciate me. It was a sweet, rare moment.

No comments: