Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

One of the things I love most about Jon is that he is a great dad!He has gone from 1 kid to 5 kids in 4 years, and has handled it like a pro.
He is such a good stepdad to Tate and Bradan. He loves them and they love him.
He tries hard to teach our kids the gospel and to help them make good choices. He is an excellent example of service and hard work. He is always taking the older boys hometeaching with him or to help someone in need. He honors his priesthood and uses it in our home.
He works hard for our family and goes to school, so that I can be at home. He never complains and he always lets me know that the things I do are appreciated.

As soon as Jon walks in the door, Jace is at his feet. He LOVES his daddy! He loves for his daddy to rough him up. He laughs and laughs. Jon is by far his favorite. He can pick out matching outfits and bows for Addy Boo. He plays with her and always tells her how pretty she is. Jon is the big boys expert on music, movies, and sports. He makes paper airplanes, draws tanks and guns for Bradan, helps Tate and Nathan with their scout stuff and homework and answers those hard questions, that I would rather avoid.Even though Jon is busy with schoolwork, church callings, and work he always helps me out. He is usually the one that gets stuck doing the laundry.(And he is much better at it than I am) He gives baths, brushes hair, changes diapers, makes bottles, takes care of the yard and the garden, and anything else that needs to be done. I could leave him with the kids all day and he wouldn't complain or call me 100 times asking when I am coming home. I know that he loves all of our kids. He wants them to succeed and be happy. He prays for them and would help them any way that he could. I am grateful Heavenly Father has blessed our family with such a great dad! We love you!

No comments: